The Plume of Feathers pub with outdoor seating
Comments: 11
  • #11

Fiona (Wednesday, 14 December 2016 01:57)

Had a lovely stay last night at the Plume of Feathers. The rooms are quirkily small, but this is more than made up for with a lovely hot shower and ridiculously soft towels and bedding. Service in the pub was very friendly and the food was excellent. We would definitely stay again.

• #10

L Fox (Tuesday, 18 October 2016 13:33)

Popped in for an early evening drink before going home to cook dinner; noticed that the pub offers take away fish and chips on a Tuesday evening - succumbed to temptation. Will definitely be making this a regular treat. Gorgeous haddock in a crisp batter; perfectly cooked chips and a portion of mushy peas.
    The Plume of Feathers is our "go to" choice for a well cooked and reasonable meal any day of the week, always friendly and welcoming with a great menu. Now we have the added option of a takeaway meal on a Tuesday.

• #9

David and Gill (Thursday, 01 January 2015 09:36)

New Years day lunch wonderful welcome excellent food, will be back.

Xx

• #8

The Barnetts (Wednesday, 15 October 2014 02:47)

Having returned for our fourth stay at the Plume of Feathers for an away weekend we were pleased to find they have maintained the excellent standard particularly in the restaurant. Imaginative and varied menu, with good quality ingredients making choice a challenge! Staff helpful and friendly as always and the rooms are sufficient for a short stay with comfortable beds, good quality linen and a spacious shower room. The landlords cooked breakfast is second to none. Exceptional value for money. We look forward to our next visit.

• #7

Brian & Anne (Sunday, 13 October 2013 14:11)

Great food and great service from very attentive staff. A country pub with character. Sometimes spoiled by select regulars using the 'F' word.

• #6

Thornton Boy (Saturday, 28 September 2013 05:57)

What a fantastic night in the Plume of Feathers last night.
    We were a party of four celebrating my 50th birthday and sat in the restaurant.
    When we arrived the bar was buzzing with what I assume were a mixture of locals and visiting diners and the atmosphere was great.
    We were directed to the dining room and sat at a lovely table with very comfortable bench seating. The food, wine and service was second to none and we left having had a superb evening.
    Thank you, The Plume. We will be back.
    Thornton Boy

• #5

StringHawke (Thursday, 27 June 2013 06:35)

Very pleasantly surprised on arrival. Very friendly hosts with nothing to much trouble. Although not right in a major town, Crondall is a lovely village and road links are aplenty to reach nearby Farnham,Guildford or further agin.
    Lovely rooms slightly compact but double bed. Wardrobe and tv. En-suite a very high standard

Stayed August 2012
    *comments courtesy of Trip Advisor

• #4

Radko Csokasi (Thursday, 27 June 2013 06:32)

Excellent food from fresh ingredients, good service, clean restaurant, short waiting time, good prices and nice interior. I recommend to everyone who wants to spend a good time with friends or family. Wish you good luck in a future!

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    *comments courtesy of Trip Advisor

• #3

Danny M (Thursday, 27 June 2013 06:30)

Just spent three nights at this lovely old pub, would like to thank the landlord and staff for making my stay a very comfortable one. The rooms are a barn conversion very professionally done with excellent en suit bathroom and comfortable bed very clean and well maintained. I would imagine you would have to book early at peak times for restaurant as food is of a very high standard.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    *comments courtesy of Trip Advisor.

• #2

Robert Sharpe (Thursday, 27 June 2013 06:25)

I have been staying at the Plume of Feathers for over a year now during the working week. It is located in the beautiful village of Crondall, away from the larger towns but conveniently located to them which is ideal for travel to the office.

Over my working career I have stayed at many hotels, inns, pubs throughout the length and breadth of the UK. Rarely have I ever found such a friendly and comfortable place to stay as the Plume of Feathers.

I certainly recommend the good standard of the clean, modern and comfortable accommodation plus the high quality of food and proper English beer, which is outstanding. The pub itself is beautiful and situated in an ideal spot in the centre of the village, steeped in history. A proper English treasure.

But best of all has been the warm and professional welcome received from the Landlord, Landlady and Staff during my stay complemented by the variety of village regulars who have kept me entertained and offered me their friendship and good company.

Room prices are very reasonable at £50 per night during the week which is considerable cheaper than other places that I have stayed at in the local area which, in my opinion, are of a lower quality.

Beer prices are not the UK's cheapest but the quality is very high and I like to think that you get what you pay for in life.

I will certainly stay at the Plume again, look forward to seeing you there!

• #1

Dave Holt (Wednesday, 26 June 2013 12:51)

A great pub in Crondall with a friendly atmosphere and a fantastic restaurant. The menu is constantly updated with a huge choice of meals.

B&B Availability